Thursday, April 3, 2008

Wrath to the world.

Shivering out in the storm, up in the sky
a cover of dark angry clouds my attention caught,
with their beauty touching me, as they moved across,
the sun’s face, bringing darkness and chill.

As if spewed from the mouth of a hateful ogre, aiming
his wrath at the world, a wind so fierce and unfeeling
to all in its path, moved closer, thus pounding like angry waves
as they crashed on the rocks of a distant shore
Chilling my soul with its hateful claw.
My jacket I zipped up to my chin
to warm my body within .

Palms bend as if bowing to a master, thin fronds like
unprotected maidens hair was blown about.
Jacaranda pods, shattered limbs, crushed leaves,
blooms that yesterday were admired by many.
My thoughts move to other times & to people in far off lands,
Shattered limbs, ruined lives, bodies here and there, left
by cruel soldiers, and masters that did not care,
These were the blooms many admired yesterday.



© Joy Naomi Brooker 2008

No comments: