Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Litany of Lamentations


Not just a vicious cycle
I would say a spiral of violence
Not just psychological torture
I would say a nation run by thieves
Not just crushing of youth’s dream
I would say killing of the larvae before they grow
Not just a wall made of gangsters
I would say constructed with their bricks of arrogance
Not just haughtily bawdy
I would say morally uncouth
Not just devilishly cunning
I would say satanically sly
Not only the smell of their shit
I would say the stench of rottenness
Not just looking like political mishmash
I would say political indigestion
Not just misery in squalor
I would say abjection in a quagmire
Not just legalisation of corruption
I would say bastardisation of impurities
Not just condoning crime without punishment
I would say consolidation of their heinousness
Not just a throne and crown in decay
I would say their timeless putridity
Not just a king sowing seeds of discord
But I would say but dances and rhymes with division
Not just clannishly sheepish
I would say gangsterly arrogant
Not just sloppily clumsy
I would say a thousand headed hydra
Not just monstrously ugly
I would say a basking shark
Not just the flames of passionate hate
I would say unpardonable hellish hate
Not just that they can’t change
I would say they’ve made up their minds impervious
Not just they won’t look back
I would say some men can’t just change
Not just trapped in their quick sand
I would say misery, poverty and privation
Not just a gang of petty thieves pushed by hunger
I would say highwaymen robbing for greed
Not just a lazy stupid bunch at the helm
I would say a lousy crazy bunch steering the ship aground
Not just a demagogue thinking he’s a pedagogue
I would say a coward with demagogic delirium
Not just fake politicians and statesmen
I would say convoluted to the marrow bone
Not just their disorderly debauchery
I would say chaotic apocalypse now
Not just driving the nation into her grave
I would say making of every life living hell
Not just through blind and questionable greed
I would say through reckless and unthinkable felony
Not just by burning and burning with fire
I would say burning and burning to ash all hopes
When the gangster in chief has to this listen
I would the world ask him what he has learnt as a lesson.

Curled from Peace Mongers at War ©2009 Bill F Ndi

No comments: